If you are thinking of buying a solar power system in Australia, there are 4 areas that you need to understand before you buy:
- What government solar rebates are available to you as in many circumstances, this is an up-front discount against your total cost.
- When you are ready to buy, you should always get a few quotes from a few different Solar Power Companies. You should be comfortable analysing these quotes and deciding which one will be the best solution for your individual circumstances. Try to look for companies that complete their own installations, using their own electricians, they are far better prospects than those who take orders and sub-contract their work out. There are not too many of these trades based companies around but if you search hard enough, you can find them. This ensures you are dealing with salespeople, tradespeople and Companies in general, who know what they are talking about.
- How will you be financing your solar power system? 100% up front? Put it on the mortgage? Get a personal loan? Most reputable solar companies offer finance options at very reasonable rates.
In Australia that we have an accreditation program and a very well regulated industry.Below are some points to consider when buying a solar power system.
Use your common sense when choosing a supplier and follow these golden rules:
- Does the company and its representatives know what they are talking about?
- What is their track record?
- Are the Companies terms and conditions documents longer than your arm?
- Any bad internet reviews?
- Do they disclose and provide information about their equipment and supply partners? Many companies do not disclose the brand of their equipment and in some cases even lie about its origin. Avoid doing business with companies who provide quotes simply stating “8 x 200 watt Solar Panels” Make sure you know the name of the manufacturer and where the equipment is produced!
- Do they provide details on all Warranties, both product & Installation?
- Can they explain everything to you in a way that makes you comfortable?
Solar power systems are extremely beneficial products and are a very wise investment. Don’t squander the opportunity by getting caught using poorly made equipment or putting up with poor service, all for the sake of a few dollars.