Solar Off Grid Gippsland – 14.7kWp SunPower + 38.4kWh Gel Battery Bank
Solar PV and Battery System, Description
The Green Power Company’s off grid division designed and installed this magnificent 14.7kWp SunPower solar PV system with 38.4kWh of GEL battery storage, and a home in Gippsland. By means of solar PV and battery storage, the hybrid energy system was designed to cater for the average loads of the property aiming to eliminate demand from the main grid, so the property can disconnect from the mains power.
The solar PV component was installed on 2 roof sections, the shed roof was fitted with 24 x 327W SunPower solar panels and the house roof was fitted with 21 x 327 watt SunPower panels. The inverters and battery bank/cabinet and switchgear was installed in the shed, protected from the elements and close to shed sub/board. Inverters, EMS and batteries were mounted in a custom PowerBlock blue cabinet X 1 Kaco PV inverter will be mounted on garage in house wall next to sub-board.
- GEL Battery Bank Installed will Store19.2kW/h of Usable Power at 50% DoD and a nominal capacity of 38.4kW/h
- Solar Power system will generate an Avg of 49.7kWh day
- Nominate a Depth of discharge for the essential services
- Inverters EMS mounted on custom made PowerBlock next to sub-board
- GEL Batteries situated in custom PowerBlock cabinet and positioned next to inverters and EMS next to shed sub-board
- Load Analysis
- Load Balancing of phases
- Circuit breakers, switch gear, cabling and electrical materials all included
- Fully installed and commissioned
- System inspection by independent Electrical inspector
The system will generate an avgerage of 49.7kwh/day (generation will fluctuate due intermittent weather conditions and seasonal variances).
Base load will be provided by solar power, generating an average of 49.7kWh/day increasing to a maximum average in Jan of 70.8kWh/day and a minimum average in July of 26.8kWh/day. The 38.4kW GEL battery bank will be set to 50% depth of discharge providing 19.2kWh of available energy storage when required. Based on averages, this system will create power independence for the property, based on an 18kW/h Daily Load. All excess power will be applied for and exported to the grid.
- 45 x SunPower E21 327W (total of 14.7kW)
- 24 x 2v 800Ah EnduroGEL 38.4kW ( 3500 Cycles at % 50 Depth of discharge )
- 1 x Kaco 9600 PV Inverter
- 1 x Kaco 8600 PV Inverter
- RS485 Wireless connection for connection to Kaco in house garage
- 1 x Selectronic SPMC482 Energy Management System ( EMS )
- USB Wireless Adapter for connection to windows PC
- 1 x Power-Block Battery and inverter storage unit
www.sunpower.com.au – SunPower est. 1984 in the USA are the world leaders in solar technology, manufacturing the most efficient panel in the world and offering 40+ year working life on their product.
www.selectronic.com.au – A Melbourne company est. 1964, supplying Energy Management Systems around the world, Selectronic is known to supply sophisticated and long last battery controllers and are the preferred unit for dedicated off-grid installations.
- 25 Years performance and manufacturing warranty on panels
- 7 Years on SP PRO inverter
- 5 year warranty on Kaco
- GPC offer a 7 year installation warranty
- Batteries 2 Years warranty
If you are interested in an off grid solar PV system, please contact our office.