Hydronic heating has set the standard for homes in Europe, North America and northern parts of Asia for over half a century. Australia is catching up quickly and is fast becoming the standard heating method for new homes.
Underfloor Hydronic Heating is the most luxurious and efficient heating method available in the market.
GreenPowerCo offers a complete solution, from consultation, design, supply and installation.
How does hydronic heating work?
A hydronic heating system works by circulating heated water in pex piping via:
- Underfloor XPS panels or aluminium diffuser plates (most efficient)
- Embedded in a concrete slab or screed
- Wall mounted radiators included hydronic towel rails
- Air circulated fan coils
Underfloor Solar Hydronic Heating is the most efficient, luxurious and clean way of heating a home.
Heated water is generated by either:
- Heat Pump
- Gas Boiler
The most energy efficient process of heating water is by using a combination of:
- Solar Evacuated Tubes and storage tank
- Heat Pump – powered by Solar PV & Batteries
- Embedded Wetback in the Fire Place as a booster
BENEFITS OF HYDRONIC HEATING
For new homes, underfloor hydronic heating is the only option you should consider.
- High comfort, luxurious experience
- Rapid response heating options
- Low allergenic and hygienic, no dust
- Highly energy efficient when combined with solar hydronic heating
- Improves your home’s energy rating and increases capital value
- Reduction in home heating costs
Underfloor Hydronic Heating
Using XPS underfloor hydronic panels and/or aluminium diffuser plates, is our preferred heat distribution method:
- Low temperature water 25C – 35C (energy efficient)
- 30min – 50min start up times (can be turned on and off daily)
- Low temperature protects timber floors from warping
- Low energy requirements enable solar hydronic heating
Circulating heated water just under the floor covering enables warm water of 25C-35C to heat a room, which saves around 4 times the energy costs compared to circulating water a 60C.
Underfloor heating also allows the flexibility of 30min start up times, which means you can turn the system on and off when required.
The warm water is also good for timber floor coverings, preventing warping and drying of the timber.
Our underfloor hydronic panels combined with solar hydronic heating is the premium hydronic option.
Underfloor solar hydronic heating does not require a gas boiler, and can be powered by means of solar and wetback fire, as an off grid hydronic solution.
Circulating heated water just under the floor covering at 25C – 35C, only requires ¼ of the energy of conventional wall radiators or split system air heaters. Due to the low energy requirements, a majority of the energy can be generated by a solar power system and solar evacuated tubes.
The power from the solar power system is utilised by the heat pump, with a COP rating of 3.6, can convert every 1kW input into 3.6kW heat output.
The solar evacuated tubes generate heated water during sunlight’s hours and stores it in a hot water tank. The pre-heated water contributes the efficiency of the system.
Off grid solar hydronic heating is possible with a combination of underfloor panels, solar PV, solar evacuated tubes, heat pump and wetback boosting.